Health and Beauty

diabetes health and wellness institute

  • What's hot

    Miracles From the Vault: Anthology of Underground Cures, 2016 Editionn
    Book (Health Sciences Institute)


    Health Sciences Institute




    The NEW Women's Health Code Book:: How to Shine Bright Without Burning Out
    eBooks (Health Design Institute)


    Health Design Institute




This RSS feed URL is deprecated

Sisters Together: Move More, Eat Better

To help address the problem of obesity, the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) has updated the program guide for the popular national health awareness program. It encourages 

Diabetes cases doubled in India between 1990-2016

Diabetes cases doubled in India between 1990-2016 It was conducted by the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI), and Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) in collaboration with the Ministry of Health. The analysis Bhargava said the

Health and wellness experts share health tips at summit

Health and wellness experts share health tips at summit FORT WAYNE, Ind. () - Chronic diseases like diabetes, cancer, and heart disease account for 70 percent of deaths in the United States and 75 percent of the nation's health spending. But

Doctor says some Memphis kids can't recognize some fruits and vegetables

Doctor says some Memphis kids can't recognize some fruits and vegetables Leaders in Memphis have been talking about obesity and other health problems problems for years. And as the leader of the Governor's Foundation for Health and Wellness acknowledged, the statewide statistics on exercise, tobacco use and diet are much 

Wellness initiative cuts diabetes and pre-diabetes cases by third

Dive Insight:

Diabetes treatment can rack up major costs for both the diabetic and his or her insurer. Research indicates that employers might want to consider whether to institute creative initiatives like wellness groups, awareness and education efforts, and nutritious in-office snack and meal options to combat rising numbers and expenses.

More than 30 million Americans  live with the disease — 4% have Type 1 diabetes and the remaining 96% have been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that a third of Americans over the age of 18 and half of adults older than 65 have prediabetes. The American Diabetes Association calculated that a company boasting 1,000 employees insures  120 diabetic employees and 370 prediabetic employees. The average annual insurance cost for diabetic and prediabetic employees comes out to $4 million, the same study found. And that number increases by more than $750,000 every year if just a quarter of prediabetic employees become diabetic.

Did you know there was such thing as a sitting disease?

Your Body's Biggest Enemy
Learn how to ward off the nasty effects of a new epidemic: Sitting Disease


You might not want to take the following stat sitting down: According to a poll of nearly 6,300 people by the Institute


ah it is bad consider we sit down 5 hours at school
sleep 8 hours
go on computer for 2 hours
studying and homework 3 hours

that adds up to being in one position for 18 hours?

but for the 7 hours i go


No, me no know this... but no concern me.. I sit on hindquarters all times, and am in better shape than most people me have seen... so guess it working good for Redcorn.. ; )


ah it is bad consider we sit down 5 hours at school
sleep 8 hours
go on computer for 2 hours
studying and homework 3 hours

that adds up to being in one position for 18 hours?

but for the 7 hours i go

Did you know there was such thing as a sitting disease?

Your Body's Biggest Enemy
Learn how to ward off the nasty effects of a new epidemic: Sitting Disease


You might not want to take the following stat sitting down: According to a poll of nearly 6,300 people by the Institute


I think the Scientific name for it is Numbutt


I don't think i would like to read all of that...


i've heard of shiting disease but this is ridiculous.