Dilemma over deductibles: Costs crippling middle class
• Nearly 30% of privately insured, working-age Americans with deductibles of at least 5% of their income had a medical problem but didn't go to the doctor, the Commonwealth Fund found. Around the same percentage skipped doctor-recommended medical tests, treatments or follow-ups.
• Nearly half of middle-class workers skipped health care services or fell into financial hardship because of health expenses, according to a survey by the Associated Press and NORC Center for Public Affairs Research.
• Use of hospital care among insured workers has been dropping since 2010, and use of outpatient care, such as doctor visits, dropped slightly for the first time from 2012 to 2013, according to insurance claim data analyzed by the Health Care Cost Institute.
• Medical professionals across the USA see the reality behind the research. The Arlas' patient load used to be 45% commercially insured and 25% Medicaid; those percentages are now reversed. Stan Brock, founder of Remote Area Medical, which runs free clinics around the nation, says the group's volunteer workers found that around 7% of patients who came to one of the clinics had job-provided insurance — and some waited for days just to keep a prime spot in line.
VIP ticket winners for Chance Harman Classic announced
Slemp Brant Saunders & Assoc., Inc
Insurance for Home and Business
Our client's needs always come first. We will strive to always provide value far in excess of our client's expectations. Our constant goal is mutual respect, and long-term relationships that are beneficial to all parties.
Our agency will be a great place to work and do business. We will be positive, helpful, and enthusiastic at all times, always focusing on solutions, not challenges. We will take care of business first and foremost, but have fun and enjoy ourselves in the process.
We will run a clean, organized, and efficient operation, and always adhere to the highest standards of integrity and ethical business practices.
We will never rest on our accomplishments. We will constantly strive to create, develop, and implement new ideas, strategies, and services that will benefit our clients. We will continue to seek continuing education in all aspects of our business to increase the level of service we offer our clients.
• Honesty & integrity at all times and in all situations• Continually improve our services to exceed client's expectations• Create and nurture a fun, exciting, creative and productive work environment• Tirelessly pursue personal & team growth while reaching well-formulated goals• Work only with the most enjoyable and motivated clients and co-workers